This week I am posting the recipe for a fat free pizza dough... I totally stole it from here. I am a HUGE pizza junky and the big thing I have been missing is a yummy pizza.... Most of the fat in a pizza is in the crust and cheese. I have not yet tried this recipe but its got a ton of great reviews. I am going to make it as listed in this recipe. you can make any substitutions you want... I'll give you my own review on it on Monday.
ok here goes:
- 1/2-1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup of the warm water with the yeast and the sugar. Stir it well to try to dissolve the yeast and sugar. Let it sit for about 5 minutes or until it gets foamy.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the flour and salt. Pulse for about 5 seconds.
- When the yeast mixture is foamy add it to the flour and pulse for about 10 seconds.
- Turn the machine on. Start adding the remaining water a little at a time until the dough forms a ball.
- Once it forms a ball let it spin 25 times.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Put the ball of dough on top and cover it with a metal bowl you have sprayed with cooking spray. Let it sit there between 15 and 30 minutes depending on how much you want it to rise.
- Heat the oven to 425. When the dough is done rising, pat it out on your cookie sheet into the shape you want for your pizza.
- Take it out of the oven. You can top it immediately or let it sit depending on your need.
- Once you have topped it, the pizza will need about 15-20 minutes to cook, or until brown.