Friday, November 23, 2012

Recipe of the week! - was yesterday!

I posted all of my Thanksgiving recipes yesterday so today is not going to be a recipe day... instead it is update day...

So a few months ago we found out that the three stations our little company operates were bought by a larger media firm. Everyone's warning lights have been going off ever since. Usually when a station gets sold they fire everyone change the format and carry on..

This time however is different. Our new owners have promised that initially nothing will change. We are fairly profitable for talk radio and they have never operated true talk radio before. They handle most of the ESPN channels here in the southwest (hint hint wink wink).

The official take over doesn't happen until December 1st. Since we have first heard about the ownership change we have been getting leaked info on what will happpen...

1. No one is getting fired or laid off. Some duties might change but everyone who is currently employed will stay that way
2. our sales force will increase. We have been woefully understaffed and will finally be fixing that
3. every employee who works 30+ hours a week is considered full time and will get a full benefits package, including health insurance and paid holidays...


Wait...

What?!

The previous owners only considered salaried and commissioned employees as full time. so basically only the station manager and the sales people had health insurance (hence the current status of my not having health insurance).

Now.... I work 32 hours a week currently... and very shortly (actually by the time you read this) I will have been bumped up to 40. So when the official take over happens... I'll be a full-time employee and will gain immediate health coverage.

Do you know what this means????!!!!!
Happy Fucking Dance!!!!
 I will very shortly be getting my surgery done!

Just as soon as I figure out how to get the new insurance to pay for it. I don't know what the coverage is going to be like. There maybe hoops and red tape involved, but I am so damned close to going back to being normal and not being terrified of my food that I don't care. I will do anything to get this damned thing outta me! I am soooooooooooo tired of checking the back of everything. Trying to calculate the number of fat grams in each and every meal I ingest!

I will be sooo glad when this is all over. I will of course no longer be eating this stupid diet but realistically I know that I can't eat at the Heart Attack Grill anymore either. I figure that after my surgery I'll stay on my uber low fat diet for 6 weeks or so... give my innards time to heal and adjust.

Then I am just going to go on a regular low-fat diet. This usually means 10 grams of fat or less per meal, which is currently twice what I am eating now. I have heard that I can also partake in the occasional fatty meal but be prepared for the consequences. We shall see.

I will of course be continuing this journal of my journey... How can I not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment